Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Word for 2014!!



First of all Happy New Year!  I pray that this year will bring you many blessings!  

I have been absent from my Blog now for far to long.  I am hoping that I will be able to post here on a more regular basis going forward.  

I have been selecting a Word to describe what I hope to do for the upcoming year now for a couple of years.  I like this concept that one word describes what I wish to work toward for the year.  In my opinion it makes more sense than making resolutions to loose weight or accomplish certain things.  Most people fall short within the first few weeks and give up. (or maybe that's just me :-)  )  Well if it's just a word a goal for the whole year then it is something that is more reasonable (at least in my mind)  :-)  

So this year I have selected Obedient as my word.  Now this word means so much more than doing what I am told, but it does include this.  I have felt for a while now that I need to write.  It's more like I feel like God is telling me I need to write.  I have put this off... found excuses... all because I am not really sure where to start and what to say. My goal this year to be obedient in that I know this is something I need to do.  I also want to be obedient in so many other areas including faith in lots of areas, health, loving others, being more consistent in reading my bible and making time for myself, as well as making time for myself and my husband.  So you see one word can say a whole lot more than just one thing!  

As I was thinking about what to write in this post I was struggling.  I am a Mom of 4 kiddos ranging from 15 to 7 weeks old and busy is a word that just doesn't cover how my day usually goes.  Making time to do something like writing is hard and is usually at the bottom of the list.  It usually doesn't happen.  I have been struggling because we are struggling financially.  We are in a very very tight spot and I have been pleading with God to show me what I should do.  What path he wants me on.  Every time I ask I get that he wants me to write.  I ask... ok but about what... I just get that I need to write. I have had few other times in my life when I have heard the Holy Spirit speak so clearly to me  So, :-)  I am writing.  I hope you will bear with me as I am not really sure what I should write about, but apparently I have some things to say that maybe others will benefit from... maybe... or maybe this is just for me.  Either way I am writing.   

So here goes!  I'm excited to see what this year holds.  There are many things happening in my life.  The Lord is good ALL the time!  

~April

No comments:

Post a Comment